For more details about all the recruitment services we offer both companies and individuals looking for jobs, click on the RECRUITMENT SERVICES button below
Job Title: Freelance Cambridge Tour Guide
Payment- Competitive and benefits
Company: Beiwei 55º
Start Date: Immediate (Posted 24 February 2017)
Beiwei 55º are looking for native British Mandarin speakers, located in Cambridge and interested in freelance Cambridge tour guiding opportunities for Chinese groups. People-friendly nature, excellent communication skills, ability to retain large amounts of historical knowledge, fluent levels of Mandarin Chinese and a smile needed. Full training provided.
Enquire at email@example.com
Director of International Business Development (Sales)
Crown Aspinall's is a private gambling club, established by John Aspinall in the 1960s and now part of Crown Resorts Limited, one of Australia's largest gaming and entertainment groups which had, in June 2015, a market capitalisation of just over $7.5 billion.
The Director of International Business Development has primary responsibility for setting a robust sales and business development strategy and building a strong sales pipeline for the private members club in Mayfair, London. The role will report to the SVP of Business Development (Asia). As a commercial leader, and part of the senior management team in London, this Director will set efficient KPIs for the host team onsite to increase revenue and attract new Asian members. The role will manage a small team of hosts (sales, events and marketing) who will support the achievement of financial targets.
Competitive (6 figure salary)
The Director of International Business Development has primary responsibility for building a strong sales pipeline for the luxury venue and private members club in Mayfair, London.
The role will report to the SVP of Business Development (Asia) and as a commercial leader, deliver a world class sales strategy for the club in London attracting new Asian patrons and members. In addition, the role will manage a team of hosts who will support the achievement of financial and service targets.
- Create a compelling sales pipeline and identify areas of growth for the London club
- Working closely with the SVP of BD (Asia) to develop a robust sales strategy.
- Work closely with the local and overseas sales team to increase overall site revenue by attracting new members.
- Develop relationships with strategic partners (hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues) in London to drive referrals of potential customers.
- Manage a small sales (hosts) team in London to ensure they are delivering exceptional levels of customer service.
- Be a brand ambassador for the business, attending events and networking with clients.
- Must be a fluent mandarin or Cantonese speaker, ideally with strong cultural understanding of Asian etiquette.
- Experienced sales professional with knowledge of selling B2C to luxury, high- end clients.
- Drive and passion to achieve sales targets as well as customer service standards.
- Excellent customer service skills and an ability to translate personal relationships into commercial opportunities.
To apply contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Great Britain China Centre
Salary: dependent on experience
The Deputy Director will be based in London & be responsible for business development, new project design and the successful delivery of projects with Chinese partners in the field of rule of law development and goodgovernance in China. You will work closely with partners in China including the Supreme People’s Court, the Supreme People’s Procuratorate, other official Party-state partners and with university law schools, research centres and think tanks. You will manage a small but growing team of project managers working on projects in e.g. legal and judicial reform, the development of good governance. He or she will work closely with the GBCC Finance Manager to ensure the viability and profitability of all new business.The role will involve bidding successfully to charitable foundations and/or international organisations such the EU for consortium projects.
You will also help manage political and economic dialogues between China, the UK and Europe, working in close cooperation with the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the British Embassy in Beijing.
The role requires:
- the ability to acquire detailed knowledge of Chinese policy evolution in the above fields
- the ability to identify practical opportunities to align Chinese reform priorities with policy initiatives being taken by the UK, the EU and other international actors.
- the incumbent will need to have a recognised legal qualification or equivalent experience
- be bilingual or close to bilingual in Chinese and English,
- have excellent communications skills and
proven leadership and team working ability.
- be a self-motivated individual capable of strategic thinking, making sound judgements in sensitive situations and of leading,
motivating and managing a small but growing team of project managers and several volunteers to achieve the mission and objectives of the Centre
- have high standards and proven integrity.
Tuesday, 31 May, 2016
To apply contact:
email@example.com for full job spec
Film role for two aspiring young actors of Chinese ethnicity
Film - Ready Player One
To be negotiated
If you would like to considered for either role please send a photo and your details to Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
No previous acting experience is necessary!
[SHOTO] male, 10-15 yrs old, to play Chinese. Hip and knowing for his age. He speaks Mandarin and English fluently. Wade’s friend in the Oasis who joins with him to complete the competition.
[DAITO] male, 18-24 yrs old, to play Japanese. One of Wade’s friends in the Oasis
Essential skills required:
- Shoto - Chinese male - 10 -15yrs . Must be fluent in English & Chinese
- Daito, Japanese male - aged 18-24yrs - must be bi lingual in Japanese & English
Thursday, 30 June, 2016
PLEASE NOTE - Applications must be submitted by parent or legal guardian if applicant is under 18 years of age.
UK qualified Property Lawyer
Niche Medium Sized Corporate Law firm
City of London,
Competitive, dependent on experience
Essential skills required:
Qualified Solicitor with domestic & commercial property experience and native Mandarin speaker
Saturday, 1 September, 2018
Intern Opportunities in China
Company: Generation UK (British Council)
Location: China (various locations)
Salary: Scholarships available
Description: Generation UK – China programme supports students to undertake up to a year’s study of Chinese language alongside other non-degree programmes like law. The placements are for September 2016/17 academic year so primarily aimed at final year students or those who have recently graduated in 2015.
The programme is open to students of all disciplines. This is a great opportunity to enhance your CV and boost your skills set, as well as to gain valuable international experience abroad. The British Council offers scholarships for this programme which cover tuition, monthly living allowance and accommodation.
To apply and for more information about the application process and what the scholarships entail can be found at : https://www.britishcouncil.org/study-work-create/opportunity/study-abroad/china
Essential skills required: This opportunity is available to students of all disciplines.
Start Date: September 2016